Hep C Free Washington (United States)
Summary and objectives
Overarching Coordination Goal
1. Ensure implementation of the Hep C Free WA recommendations in order to achieve HCV elimination by 2030
Data and Strategic Information Goals
2. Identify data sources and strategies to strengthen the characterization of HCV disease burden within Washington State.
3. Obtain resources and build capacity for continuous data monitoring, evaluation, quality improvement, and reporting. 4. Identify and track data metrics using currently available data.
5. Determine metrics using data not yet available or accessible.
Community-Based Responses and Interventions Goals
6. Improve access to and use of preventive and health care services in non-clinical settings through expansion and co-location of services.
7. Improve access to and use of clinical care and supportive services by sufficiently scaling coverage and widening the scope of community-based navigation and case management programs.
8. Increase HCV awareness, resources, and education, and reduce stigma.
Clinical Strategies Goals
9. Improve access to and use of clinical care for marginalized populations at risk for or living with HCV through innovative service delivery models.
10. Build the capacity of the health care workforce to diagnose and treat HCV.
11. Improve diagnosis of HCV in primary care settings.
12. Improve HCV disease intervention services.
13. Improve access to HCV treatment and comprehensive health care.
14. Improve the ability of people taking HCV direct-acting antivirals to complete treatment.
15. Improve follow-up clinical care for people who have completed HCV treatment.