The Coalition's 2020-2021 Annual Report "Zooming to Hepatitis Elimination" Released
The Coalition is proud to share its 2020-2021 Annual Report. This year's theme "Zooming Towards Hepatitis Elimination" captures how the Coalition and its partners stayed true to the the Coalition's core missing despite the COVID-19 pandemic. Over the past year the Coalition has grown substantially through connecting & supporting programs, building the evidence base, & mobilizing commitment to accelerate hepatitis elimination.
The Coalition is grateful to all the partners who have collaborated on projects and initiatives and have made the work possible.
In this short video, Dr. John Ward, Director of the Coalition, introduces the 2020-2021 Annual Report and speaks to the Coalition's accomplishments over the past year.
- Helping African countries introduce and scale up timely hepatitis B birth dose vaccination.
- Revealing the best options for retreatment of hepatitis C in low- and middle-income countries.
- Assisting countries to develop budget-based plans for testing and treatment with the Coalition’s Hep C Elimination Tool.
- Profiling the status of hepatitis elimination in six countries of the Pan American Health Organization region.
- Convening over 20 webinar sessions that reached 2,000+ partners
- Assisting WHO’s development of the new global strategy for viral hepatitis elimination