CGHE Community of Practice Newsletter: February 2023
The Coalition shares the following opportunities for February and the upcoming year:
- Upcoming Webinar: TiP-HepC Series: Actions and Recommendations to Improve HCV Linkage and Treatment in Pregnancy (March 15)
- Upcoming Webinar: Expanding access to HCV prevention, testing, and treatment in prisons: Recommendations from the INHSU 2022 Prisons Workshop (March 21)
- 2023 North American Viral Hepatitis Elimination Summit (March 24-25) in Los Angeles, CA.
Other updates include:
- CGHE Director Dr. John Ward and Associate Director Lindsey Hiebert represented the Coalition at the Asian Pacific Association Study of the Liver 2023 Conference (February 15 -19). Presentations include "Retreatment of Chronic Hepatitis Infection: Real-World Regiments and Outcomes from National Treatment Programs in Three Low-and Middle-Income Countries" by Lindsey Hiebert. Dr. Ward presented "HCV Elimination Progress Among Asia Countries: Achievements & Opportunities" and "What Does Success Look Like? A Call to Action?
- On February 28, Ambassador Osama Abdelkhalek and the Permanent Mission of Egypt to the United Nations kicked off the UN Group of Friends to Eliminate Hepatitis meeting.
- The Lancet Gastro announced the formation of a UN Group of Friends to Eliminate Hepatitis.
- The Coalition announces the launch of "HepEquity", a new blog to share stories about how inequities impact the fight to eliminate viral hepatitis as a global health threat and focus on solutions to resolve inequities.