Clinical Liver Disease COVID-19 special series
The references to credible information resources provided in this special series in Clinical Liver Disease will help clinicians, program mangers, and civil society organizations stay abreast of the evolving understanding of COVID-19 pandemic and innovations in prevention and treatment of COVID-19.
The series examines what is known about the inter-relationship between SARS-CoV-2 infection, viral hepatitis and other causes of chronic liver disease, implications of COVID-19 disease for management of patients with end stage liver disease and post liver transplantation, and prospects for COVID-19 therapies. The series reviews the epidemiology of SARS-CoV-2 transmission, and the non-pharmacologic interventions in place to stop community transmission pending development of effective vaccines. To limit patient exposures to health facilities, the series the merits of telehealth or “telehepatology” strategies for routine patient care. A synthesis of recommendations from AASLD, APASL, and EASL, reveals agreement in changes in clinical practice to prevent nosocomial transmission and best approaches for quality care of patients with CLD. The references to credible information resources provided in this series and future articles in Clinical Liver Disease will help clinicians stay abreast of the evolving understanding of COVID-19 pandemic, and innovations in prevention and treatment of COVID-19.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic: An Epidemiologic, Public Health and Clinical Brief, John W. Ward and Carlos del Rio
- Interrelationship between Coronavirus infection and liver disease, Esperance A. K. Schaefer, Ashwini Arvind, Patricia P. Bloom, Raymond T. Chung
- Potential Treatments for SARS CoV-2 infection, Sameer K Berry and Robert J. Fontana
- Telemedicine and Telehepatology During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Oren K. Fix and Marina Serper
- SARS-CoV-2 and the Liver: Considerations in Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C Infections, K. Rajender Reddy
- Chronic Liver Disease and COVID 19: ETOH/ AUD, NAFLD/ NASH, Autoimmune Liver Disease and Compensated Cirrhosis, Tatyana Kushner and John Cafardi
- COVID 19: Management of Decompensated Cirrhosis and Liver Transplant Recipients, Russell Rosenblatt and Elizabeth Verna
- Synthesis of Liver Associations Recommendations for Hepatology and Liver Transplant Care During the COVID-19 Pandemic, George Lau and John W. Ward
Read the full series on Clinical Liver Disease: