CGHE Help Desk for Viral Hepatitis Elimination
CGHE is home to the Help Desk for Viral Hepatitis Elimination. This Help Desk leverages the CGHE community of practice and evidence base to respond to technical assistance (TA) requests from national and sub-national programs.
What types of TA requests can be submitted?
The CGHE Help Desk welcomes all TA requests. TA requests help CGHE understand what challenges programs are facing and identify gaps where additional resources and tools are needed.
Although the CGHE Help Desk will be as responsive as possible to all incoming requests, some requests may be beyond the expertise and resources CGHE currently has available.
CGHE is currently best placed to respond to TA requests related to:
- Strategic information: Designing epidemiological studies, interpreting epidemiological or program data, or providing editorial assistance in reporting to the Global Hepatitis Reporting System, CGHE dashboards, or other publications or reporting systems
- Action Plan: Developing plans for viral hepatitis prevention, testing and linkage to treatment with set targets and M&E indicators
- Program strategies: Identifying the most efficient or cost-effective strategies for testing, (i.e. selecting the right mix of lab-based vs point of care testing, deciding on targeted versus universal screening policies), developing recommendations for simplification of diagnosis or treatment algorithms and protocols, and designing scale-up strategies for hepatitis B birth dose vaccination
- Budget planning: Estimating the costs of testing or treatment scale-up and developing annual budgets
- Training resources: Designing and/or evaluating health-worker trainings
- Implementation bottlenecks: Resolving challenges related to hepatitis B birth dose implementation, improving HBV and HCV case finding, strengthening linkage to care, or increasing treatment adherence
- Data analysis: Analyzing epidemiological or program data for decision-making or reporting
- Presentations or reports: Preparing reports or publications for internal purposes, meetings, conferences, or wider dissemination
What solutions can be offered?
Depending on the nature of the request, the CGHE Help Desk will seek to respond with one or more of the following types of assistance:
- Peer-to-peer assistance from other programs in CGHE
- Evidence from systematic reviews and CGHE information resources
- Web-based tools available from CGHE and partner organizations
- The appropriate training to use these tools
- Consultations with CGHE staff, CGHE consultants, and members of the CGHE Technical Advisory Board
- Referral to other TA providers who partner with CGHE
How to submit a request:
Requests can be submitted to: globalhep.org/submit-TA-request
Or questions can be sent to globalhep [at] taskforce.org
How long will it take for the Help Desk to respond?
You will receive an automatic notification that your request has been received. The Help Desk will then respond with information and if needed set up a time for an initial consultation. Following the consultation, a timeline for technical assistance will be developed based on the scope of the challenge and resources available.
Can CGHE help fund program delivery?
Currently, CGHE does not have funding to support direct program delivery. CGHE can suggest potential sources of funding to explore, i.e. grant opportunities, and CGHE can connect you with other programs to consult who have established sustainable sources of financing.
How will results of TA be shared?
Information generated or learned from the response to the TA request will be added to CGHE information resources. CGHE will not indicate in any publically-available resources the name of the program receiving the assistance without the approval of the program. To assure the information is presented appropriately, CGHE will also validate any summary reports or other write-ups with the program.